In an effort to follow CDC, OSHA, and Virginia Health Department guidelines for minimizing the spread of COVID-19, and to provide a safe and clean environment for your bodywork treatment, I am currently observing the following policies and procedures.
Cleanliness & Disinfection Protocols:
- Before and after every client I am using an EPA approved disinfectant to clean all high touch areas and hard surfaces in the office.
- My pillows are protected with waterproof vinyl covers that are disinfected before and after every client.
- As always, fresh clean linens are used with every client. Used linens are placed directly into a closed receptacle after a session, and are washed at the end of the day with hot water, soap, and vinegar on a sanitizing cycle to disinfect.
- I have added a HEPA Air Purifier to the office to ensure optimal air quality.
- I have replaced waste baskets with lined and lidded trash cans to keep tissues and other waste contained, and it is emptied every day.
- Tissues, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, and soap & water are available at all times in the office.
- I wear a clean mask with every client and wash and sanitize my hands frequently.
Acceptance of Risk and Consent to Treatment
I screen every client to assess for a possible recent infection or contact exposure to COVID-19, as well as any current symptoms. I will accept or deny appointments based on that assessment. Despite my strict disinfection policies & use of masks, it is impossible for me to ensure 100% sterilization in my office. It is also impossible for me to maintain 6 feet of social distancing during a bodywork treatment. In light of this, and as is true in any public space, there is still a small chance that you could be exposed to an illness in my office. Therefore, I will also ask you to sign an acceptance of this risk and consent to treatment when you arrive for your appointment.
Check your symptoms before your appointment
Between the time you book your appointment and just before coming to my office, I ask that you assess yourself for any symptoms of COVID-19, or any other illness. If you have had any of the following symptoms, please cancel your appointment with as much notice as possible. I am waiving my 24 hour notice cancellation policy in cases of illness and you will not incur any charges for last minute cancellations if you are sick.
- Fever 100.4 or higher or felt feverish or warm to the touch
- A cough, shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Persistent pain pressure or tightness in chest
- Excessive fatigue
- Muscle pain or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Appointment Policies & Procedures
- When you arrive, put on your mask and come into the building and up to the 2nd floor, Suite 202, and enter the waiting room. Upon arrival, please wash your hands and use the restroom, then have a seat in the waiting room. I will come to get you at the time of your appointment and bring you back to the treatment room.
- I will wear a mask the entire time we are in the building.
- You are required to wear a mask the entire time you are in the building. Please bring your own mask, as I will not have any available for you to use. If you do not have a mask or can not wear a mask for other reasons, I will not be able to see you.
- Any facial work that is required, such as lymph drainage or craniosacral work, will be performed over your mask.
- I will complete a COVID screening with you, and take your temperature and pulse oximeter reading. If for any reason, I feel the need to cancel the appointment, I will do so without charge.
- After the COVID screening, I will do a brief intake/update to assess your needs for for the day, then we will begin your treatment promptly.
- If I should become ill within two weeks after your appointment, I will notify you immediately.
- If YOU should become ill within two weeks after your appointment, please let me know immediately.