Cupping Therapy in Charlottesville, Va.
The Ultimate Deep Tissue Massage & Myofascial Therapy!
Integrated dynamic and stationary cupping
to address your goals for treatment.
Client disrobes for this therapy, and oils/lotions are used.
How Fluid Is Your Body?
Cupping Therapy therapy often gets impressive and FAST results whenever you have “issues in your tissues.” It uses negative pressure vacu-therapy massage that is extremely effective, yet is generally painless and relaxing.
- Cupping is a comfortable and pleasant deep tissue treatment for fast pain relief, reduced muscular tension, and improved range of motion.
- Can quickly loosen adhesions from injury, surgery, or chronic inflammation.
- Release trigger points painlessly (those stubborn, painful knots!)
- Relieves tendinitis
- Quickly softens, mobilizes, and improves the appearance and function of scar tissue. Gives dramatic and immediate results even with longstanding conditions and very old scars.
- Reduces water retention, bloating, and congestion in the body for greater overall health. As the tissues are being cupped, we are simultaneously moving lymphatic fluids, which assists the body to detoxify itself. We can also intentionally target problem areas of fluid retention and swelling.
- An excellent therapy alongside weight loss efforts. Cupping is an effective treatment for body contouring to move those stubborn pockets of solid bloat, improves skin elasticity and tone by stimulating collagen production, and generally improves the body’s lymphatic detoxification system for improved health and beauty.
Styles of Cupping & Cupping Marks
Dynamic Cupping is similar to a traditional Swedish/Deep Tissue massage. This style keeps the cups moving and generally does not leave dark cupping marks. Occasionally, when there is a lot of tension and long-standing stagnation in an area, cupping will draw that out and light skin discoloration may occur. This will normally clear up within a day or two as the body clears it.
Stationary cupping leaves cups in place for up to 10 minutes at a time. This style of cupping can be used to draw blood to a particular area to aid in healing: trigger points, general stiffness, pain, range of motion issues, or chronic dysfunction.
This style often DOES leave cupping marks, which can last anywhere from a few days to up to 3 weeks. If you prefer to avoid these marks, you can still get GREAT results with dynamic cupping alone.
Clinical Benefits of Cupping
- Assist with lymphatic drainage to reduce swelling and edema
- Increase blood flow to aid in healing
- Reduce pain & inflammation
- Improve mobility, range of motion, and joint flexibility quickly
- Reduce muscle spasm
- Release trigger points painlessly
- Soften scar tissue and loosens adhesions, for better movement, less pain
- Increase soft tissue length and extensibility
- Reduce tissue stiffness and viscosity
- Release nerve entrapments and improve nerve mobility